We are educators at heart. Information provides you a base from which to make informed decisions for yourself and family members. We can present to your group on the following topics:
- Durable Power of Attorney, Health Care Surrogate Designations, and Trusts
Family Law and Probate
- What you need to consider at the time of divorce or establishing paternity.
Funding Special Needs – The Alphabet Soup of SNTs, SSA/SSI, & ABLE
- If you’re overwhelmed by the acronyms, we’ll break them down so you can better understand what your loved one might need or be eligible for when it comes to government benefits and paying for supplemental needs.
Incapacity and Guardianship
- The Court procedures if there are no advance directives and an individual needs help.
Settlement of Minors Claims
- The legal requirements if your child receives $15,000 or more.
Sale of Real Property
- How you can sell real property from a guardianship or estate.
When Being Mom or Dad Stops Being Good Enough
- “But I’m his mother…” While your child’s school, doctors and other service providers are communicating with you now, when your child turns 18, they might not. Learn about the legal options to protect your decision making authority and the family estate planning that is necessary when you have a child with special needs. We’ll take the mystery out of what a guardianship or guardian advocacy really means, what might be less restrictive alternatives, including supportive decision making, along with the pros and cons of each and the associated costs. When we’re done, you’ll have the tools to make an informed choice to assist your loved one with decision making in the future.
Planning for a Loved One with Special Needs
- This presentation will discuss the importance of planning, along with the various components that need to be considered such as public benefits and housing, special needs trusts, legal decision making authority, and the steps necessary to implement a plan.
Contact us at email@example.com and let us know what topic interests your group with your potential date and time. We’ll get back to you to discuss your needs.